Digital Media Officer
(12-month contract with possible extension)
Hours: 4 days per week, 28 hours per week, with the ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekends as and when required.
Salary: £26,000 pro rata
Salary: £26,000 pro rata
We are working in partnership with Charisma Charity Recruitment to find a new Digital Media Officer. St James's Church, Piccadilly, is a landmark in the heart of the busy West End, with exciting plans for the future. With the COVID19 pandemic, many of our activities have moved online and this has highlighted the need to raise our presence on social media. We are currently working with a creative design agency on a new brand identity and website (due to launch in April), and are installing a new multi-camera audio-visual system into the church building. This is a newly created role, and the postholder will be responsible for ensuring a professional presence on our website and social media platforms, and the operation of the new multi-camera livestreaming system.
The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and supportive team of clergy, staff and volunteers. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate technically-confident communicator to hit the ground running and make a big difference to the church’s mission.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
• 1 – 3 years’ experience of digital media technology, content development or marketing.
• Experience of using livestream hardware & software.
• Experience of growing online presence and reaching new audiences, as well as managing, scheduling and monitoring social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Experience contributing to and developing communications strategy and devising expenditure budgets.
• Website maintenance.
• Up-to-date knowledge of relevant issues, trends, and key changes in user behaviour and experience of reviewing analytics and providing analyses/metrics, and insights for increasing/improving engagement, relevance and impact.
We are seeking a confident communicator, able to engage a diverse range of people, including those at a senior level and work collaboratively. Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines is essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in these roles, please submit your CV with a supporting statement, to Katherine Anderson-Scott, Recruitment Consultant, Charisma Charity Recruitment - firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Closing date for applications: 9 March 2021
Interview date: w/c 22 March 2021